Bridge Scripting

General Discussion of Scripting for Adobe Bridge

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Andrew

Bridge Scripting

Post by Andrew »

Bob / rstucky is a contract scripter for adobe with a good understanding of Bridge Scripting. He posted the following link for more info (at the temporary ah-photo forum):

http://www.adobe.com/products/creatives ... depth.html ... depth.html

He made the comment:

"Bridge is extremely scriptable. It's desgined so that you can do most anything. You can even create custom schemes for browsing files, something I am playing around with now. Virtual folders are possible, as are folders that can link files across multiple folders. I am working on a "shoot sorting" script. You set up a "shoot". Tell it where you want certain folders to go, and what time you started shooting those shots, and it goes to work. It will do more than that too.

And of course, anything you can do in PS, you can do in PS via bridge. "

There is a lot of interest and less understanding of Bridge - tell us more Bob

Andrew

Bridge Scripting

Post by Guest »

Had to run into San Jose (Adobe) today. Always nice to see the folks there; but, it's a 3 hours drive each way.

Glad to be a part of this. And you can bet I'll be posting some tips and tricks. One person asked how to become a contractor at Adobe. The answer is blind luck. This has been the most fun contract I've ever had. I got the contract because of some scripting work I did for GoLive a few years ago. A good friend (Adobe Employee) from that project recommended me for this one. I thank him for his memory and thinking of me.

There are a bunch of scripts about to be posted to the exchange by Adobe. One, Import from Camera might interest you all.

It imports from a camera or card, renames, and applied metadata tempaltes in one operation. It can handle renaming RAW+JPEG+XMP+THM imports (keeping names synched from source to destination). Should be posted next week.

Export Metadata - exports metadata to a CSV file for import into Access or another tool (except Excel which doesn't import CSV files correctly).

Convert To - converts any PS open-able file to any PS output file.

Change Color Mode - sets the color mode of any PS open-able file.

Probably the best thing to do is to look at the Change Color Mode script when it's available and see how it's done. It will be the simplest script up there.

When I have more time, I'll whip up short stories on how to use bridge to interact with PS.

Also - There are 3 libraries that I wrote, AdobeLibrary1.jsx, AdobeLibrary2.jsx, and AdobeLibrary3.jsx. #3 is largely bug fixes and patches for 1 and 2 with a little new functionality. All of these libraries are only available in Bridge (the functions can be copied into PS scripts if you want them).

#1 provide dozens of functions, objects, and extensions to core object (like File and Thumbnail) that make life easier. You want the selected files in bridge limited to what PS can open?

var files = getBridgeFiles( TYPES.PHOTOSHOP_OPENABLE );

But there's more stuff like ways to execute scripts for any point app in bridge, keep working in bridge while they are processing and show a progress bar in a palette in bridge.

#2 - A persistant XML store for script data. Really easy to use, and does the job well.

More later.
digitaldork

Bridge Scripting

Post by digitaldork »

Also - There are 3 libraries that I wrote, AdobeLibrary1.jsx, AdobeLibrary2.jsx, and AdobeLibrary3.jsx. #3 is largely bug fixes and patches for 1 and 2 with a little new functionality. All of these libraries are only available in Bridge (the functions can be copied into PS scripts if you want them).

I would love to learn from these scripts. Are they available for download?

/dd
MickM

Bridge Scripting

Post by MickM »

Check out the Studio Exchange Bridge section - the Import Camera script has these libraries. I haven't used it or them, I just downloaded it out of interest.