Newbie Scripting Question

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

jmarkt

Post by jmarkt »

I just downloaded the "Re-namer" file by Paul R, and it will help tremendously on future projects; however, it led me to two questions:

(1) Is there an action available that will allow modification of names, i.e. in using a previous script, it added text to saved files with a long name that I would like to delete.

(2) If the answer is to modify the script, how would I identify the applicable line number to modify and what program do you utilize to do so...would I utilize Scripts Event Manager, Notepad, or what????

This Forum has provided excellent assistance, but I'm trying to become more informed and not have to ask so many dumb questions!
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

To answer #2, when you install Photoshop it also installs a program called Extendscript Toolkit. This is the program you use to open up and edit the scripts. If you are on PC, it will be under Program Files > Adobe.

Patrick
jmarkt

Post by jmarkt »

Thanks, Patrick. I had discovered that while browsing other forums/posts. Now, if I can just resolve Question #1. I don't even know where to start researching how to read/write these scripts, much less modify them.

Thanks again for the reply.