Run script without PS window visable?

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Moonkai

Post by Moonkai »

Long time listener, first time caller...

Does anybody know if it's possible to run any type of PS script without the PS window being visible?
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Don't think so. I found a thread from awhile back on this and xbytor said the following:

xbytor wrote:weihs wrote:Is there a way to run photoshop scripts in the background, or without a GUI,

No and No.

or at least not have the screen updated when the GUI is running?

Make sure that you set your Action Playback Options to Accelerated. Having all of your palettes closed will also speed things up.

-X

I haven't looked into it before but I take xbytors word for it.

Patrick
Moonkai

Post by Moonkai »

Make sure that you set your Action Playback Options to Accelerated. Having all of your palettes closed will also speed things up.

Complete PS script noob here, how would one go about doing that?

EDIT: Ignore that, found it.
caylephotography

Post by caylephotography »

If you cover up photo shop with something like a .txt file or browser window ............. ie firefox ect........... it will speed it up a ton..............maybe make your action bring a txt file to front while processing.
larsen67

Post by larsen67 »

You can on the mac start your script with a $.sleep(10000); giving yourself enough time to switch user accounts… I have fast user switching on. That way you can potter about on the net or whatever uninterrupted by the files opening.