Rename any part of selected files

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

To install unzip and place this script into the following folder:
Start Bridge
Edit - Preferences -Startup Scripts
At the bottom click the "Reveal Button" this will open the folder where the script should be placed.
Close and restart Bridge.

To use, select the files in Bridge
Mouse Right click (menu) and select "File Renamer"
The replace field uses a Regular Expression.
ChristineMarsh

Post by ChristineMarsh »

Precious Paul,

I love you and the fact that you have written this script, and its beautifully simple and concise installation directions...and made my life easier.

Thank You!
Have a Beautiful Day!

Christine Marsh
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Just discovered this script. Thanks so much Paul. The ability to batch truncate a filename from the beginning has saved me so much time.

Kind regards

J
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Bridge has the ability to use Regular Expressions in it's batch rename. What is the advantage of this script?
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

It was written before Bridge had the option to use Regular Expressions in the batch rename. I think it was CS5 when it came available.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I have written a few of those kinds of script myself.
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Paul MR wrote:It was written before Bridge had the option to use Regular Expressions in the batch rename. I think it was CS5 when it came available.

Still on CS4 here so that explains why it wouldn't do it for me. Just needed to take out a section of a filename, in the middle of the filename, and replace it with something else on around 500 files. So very thankful to find a way to do it!