Copy alpha 1 and paste that into other file with filename as alpha name

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

skb

Copy alpha 1 and paste that into other file with filename as alpha name

Post by skb »

Hi, guys I am currently working on an environmental scene and the project has more than 50 alpha/matte for compositing.I am looking for a script where I can copy alpha 1 from one file and paste it to the main file with the alpha name changed to the filename I copied. Ex: Lets say I have main PSD file beauty and I want to copy alpha channel from matte_streetlamp.01. I would like to copy that alpha 1 from streetlamp.01 and paste it into beauty file and also name the alpha channel as matte_streetlamp.Please help me :) Hopefully there is a way I can open all alphas and run the script at one time. I am still a newbie and I am thinking something like this .Open beauty file first and then all alphas, run the script that goes to next document and copies the alpha and closes it then goeas back to beauty PSD file and paste the alpha and repeats the same process until there is no next document.
skb

Re: Copy alpha 1 and paste that into other file with filename as alpha name

Post by skb »

As I basically need this script to bring my matte.I think I found a way to get to 50% of what I need.My layer is same as my alpha as they are rendered in B/W. So I used load file to stack.Now all my alphas are in one file.Now,I need a way to copy those layers into alphas with the file name.If I use action it is able to save them as alphas but It's naming them as Blue copy,Blue copy 2, Blue copy 3.My action basically duplicates blue channel and delete the current layer. If there is a script to copy layer name and paste it to alpha channel.That would be perfect!

PS: Admins please move this to Help me.Looks like I posted this on wrong section :)