Running Photoshop script from Command Prompt

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

hezedgodson

Post by hezedgodson »

Hi,

I am trying to develop a tool, which uses photoshop as a backend to perform Image Manipulation. I can be able to write my own photoshop-script in JavaScript or in Visual Basic. But, I want to know, how I have to execute the script with out opening the Photoshop. It can be either through Command prompt, or by some other way. The primary objective is that Photoshop should act as a service and the GUI should not open when I do the Image Manipulation with the tool.

Thanks in Advance.
andybak

Post by andybak »

Photoshop will respond to standard OLE automation commands from VB, VBA, .VBScript or any other ActiveScripting language.

Here is some VB script that opens Photoshop hidden.

dim appObj
set appObj = CreateObject( "Photoshop.Application" )
designbychen

Post by designbychen »

andybak, could you clarify a bit more on what you mean by 'hidden'. Doesn't it still load PS into memory (or not)? Or does all PS scripting require opened image files?
dougcody

Post by dougcody »

Hi,

Is there a list of parameters that photoshop/bridge takes upon loading?

I need to run photoshop from the DOS box command line, with a file name and script/batch name. Any ideas? Does bridge have command line parameters?

If you want to know why, read on...

I haea digital camera with 80211G wireless to shoot & drop images in a folder on the computer. I have a batch file to scan for .JPGs and fire off PSCS2 for each jpg. PS, with the script, will format/crop/resize the image, and spit it out to an industrial on-site printer. Voila, shoot & print, in 60 seconds, without human intervention!!!!

But photoshop doesn't run scripts from the command line....

Help!

...Doug
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Record an action that calls the script. Create a droplet from the action. Call the droplet from the command line with an image file as the sole parameter. The path to the image file probably needs to be an absolute one.
dougcody

Post by dougcody »

Thats it! Works perfectly! Took about 30 seconds..

Thanks
LitaMiller

Re: Running Photoshop script from Command Prompt

Post by LitaMiller »

Excellent guide, I always liked this, but I did not know how to do it with Photoshop.
gotoandlearn1

Post by gotoandlearn1 »

To create magnificent landscape pictures you must take a specific approach. You must choose the best camera for landscape photography and also have the right equipment like Photo Enhancer . Moreover, to develop beautiful landscape shots you must have excellent technical knowledge. In this article, we provide an in-depth look at landscape photography, and also some renowned landscape photographers – enjoy!
To create magnificent landscape pictures you must take a specific approach. You must choose the best camera for landscape photography and also have the right equipment like Photo Enhancement Software. Moreover, to develop beautiful landscape shots you must have excellent technical knowledge. In this article, we provide an in-depth look at landscape photography, and also some renowned landscape photographers – enjoy!
Alexx

Post by Alexx »

I'm just starting to get interested in video and photo processing, now I use presets and so far it suits me. I like to create beautiful photos and videos.
Garry

Post by Garry »

If you add a glitch effect to the video, it will be much more interesting to watch, and the video will become richer. This effect can be found on the glitch effect generators website https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/best-free-glitch-effect-generators.htm. It will be very easy to learn how to edit video.