User-interfaces (javascript)

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

I've checked Adobe Photoshop Scripting reference and I can't find any info on how to make a UI with javascript (window, buttons, input fields, etc).
Google doesn't help either: all I find is web design stuff that relies on HTML and CSS.

All tutorials and/or example code is welcome!
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

The docs for ScriptUI ( the javascript ui API ) is in the Extendscript Tools guide. That should be in a subfolder where Extendscript toolkit is installed or you can download it from Adobe.
Mikaeru

Post by Mikaeru »

Nightshade wrote:All tutorials and/or example code is welcome!
Also, there is a very good tutorial called "Beginning ScriptUI" by Peter Kahrel, accessible from the page ScriptUI for dummies.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Thank's a bunch - just what I was looking for!
I'll dive right into that PDF.

(strangely enough, I couldn't find anything about ScriptUI in the current Photoshop script reference provided by Adobe)
undavide

Post by undavide »

Nightshade wrote:(strangely enough, I couldn't find anything about ScriptUI in the current Photoshop script reference provided by Adobe)

You won't find it there, because ScriptUI is meant to be application independent (huge laughs in the background), it's not specific to Photoshop.
Set that aside, an example in the Photoshop documentation won't hurt.

Davide Barranca
http://www.davidebarranca.com