startup scripts question

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

jay

startup scripts question

Post by jay »

Hello everyone!

InDesign and Illustrator have paths for starting up scripts that are simply placed in these folders:

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5/Startup Scripts/

/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5/Scripts/startup scripts/

For some reason though, I can't get this to work for Photoshop. I was hoping I could drop a javascript file in the following path and make it work for all 3 applications, but it doesn't.

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS5/

Or even if I try this path, it still doesn't work:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS5/Adobe Photoshop/

Is there a different 'startup scripts' path for Photoshop that I don't know about? I'm using CS5 on OS X Lion 10.7.5.

My other question is - is anyone familiar with: #targetengine "session"? It's my understanding that I need to have this at the top of my javascript if I want the palette it creates to stay open continually in the app. If that is true, is it ok to have 2 javascripts in the startup folder, that both have '#targetengine "session"' on the top line, and are both displaying palettes? Or is that bad practice?

Thanks!

Jay
xbytor

startup scripts question

Post by xbytor »

My other question is - is anyone familiar with: #targetengine "session"?

The targetengine directive is not supported in PS. You can't keep an palette continually open in PS. Other tech may work but I haven't kept up-to-date on this stuff.
jay

startup scripts question

Post by jay »

Thank you xbytor!

Jay
Mike Hale

startup scripts question

Post by Mike Hale »

I am not sure of the path on Mac but you should be able to run a finder search for 'photoshop.jsx'. That is the Adobe start up script for Photoshop.
undavide

startup scripts question

Post by undavide »

Mike Hale wrote:I am not sure of the path on Mac but you should be able to run a finder search for 'photoshop.jsx'. That is the Adobe start up script for Photoshop.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS6/Adobe Photoshop
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CC/Adobe Photoshop

Davide