Rapid ScriptUI live preview

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

undavide

Rapid ScriptUI live preview

Post by undavide »

Hello,
I've recently bought Rapid ScriptUI to streamline part of the tedious process of GUI building. I must say that I've found it quite helpful so far: while it doesn't provide Flash Builder-like drag&drop of components in a canvas, it's equipped with a hierarchical tree with all the component's properties exposed - which is quite handy.
The website looks out-of-date, but the developer did update the software for CC apps. I've been in touch with him because of an issue I've had (he's been very kind regarding the problem and also offered a refund - which I declined). Since the Rapid ScriptUI forums are read-only I might find here other users that can possibly share their experience and give help (technically this is Off Topic on Ps-Scripts, so I've asked permission to mods in advance).

Here it goes: I use it with PC CS6 / CC (both 32bit and 64bit) on a virtualized Windows 7 - the app is PC only.
Rapid has a Live Preview feature - basically it pairs with Adobe apps and pops up there the ScriptUI window, constantly auto-updating while you tweak it: this is tested and working in InDesign, while I keep having errors on PS.

Basically, Rapid always opens the 32bit version of PS (even if I choose to test the 64) and either PS displays the infamous "Window does not have a Constructor" error, or I get alerts like "Unknown Language (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000C (DISP_E_UNKNOWNLCID))" and "The server threw an exception. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)".
Tried the lock Prefs file workaround to no avail (recommended for the Constructor thing).

Besides this, Rapid has no problems (it outputs working code that I can copy&paste and run in ESTK) - I'm just wondering whether there's "just" something weird in my installation that hinders the Live Preview (a dream feature for ScriptUI!)
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Davide Barranca
http://www.davidebarranca.com