Ditto - Image Finishing, Metadata Capture & Text Placem

Use this Forum for Beta-Testing your Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

[This is not something that is generally permitted at ps-scripts (posting to scripts located on other sites) however in this case I am making an exception.]

Rory Hill has created a very interesting and powerful script for CS2 - description and download here:

http://members.shaw.ca/hillrg/ditto/

His site does not have a built in forum so I have agreed to host discussion of the script in this thread here.

Congratulations Rory, the script is already exceptional and I am sure it will only get better.

Andrew Hall
hillrg

Post by hillrg »

Thanks Andrew for kindly agreeing to host discussion regarding my script. I am looking forward to hearing suggestions for improvement.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Rory

Basic question. How do I change the text color for a style - say in Classic Grey 800 from grey to red?

Also, tons of work this one, but have you considered making a CS version. There are a heck of a lot of people out there still using CS, I try and make all my scripts CS ? CS2 compatible.

Andrew

Post by Guest »

Hi Andrew

I am going to add color to the template editor due to a lot of requests for this. However, you can do it in a style by opening the style editor in photoshop (double click on the text layer) and play with the "color overlay".

As to working in CS i I very much doubt it will be done by me, as Ditto is heavily dependent on Bridge.

Cheers
Rory
hillrg

Post by hillrg »

I have done a bit of a re-write. Here are the changes:

Changed all references so they can be relative (percent) or absolute (pixels).
Implemented a more flexible object model that allows unlimited Ditto objects, which include borders, text, graphics and rectangles. This involved changing the template editor user interface. Phew.
Added a function to create a text file showing the settings in the older versions of Ditto. Version 1.05 uses a new data file structure, which requires re-entry of templates, due to the new object model.
Added a copy object feature.
Added the histogram object.
Changed the "Test" button to "Save and test". Until the next time I change my mind. <grin>
Created a metadata editor and expanded the metadata available to all the exif and IPTC data, file information, nikon view ingested data, user defined exif items and user defined text items. Metadata can be aggregated into formatted paragraphs with line breaks and a user defined delimiter.
Files can be over-written or new copies created for each creation.
Added error trapping for non-numeric and numeric range inputs.
Added error trapping for obvious conflicting template entries.
Improved the way the "size to fit" works.
Added a RGB colour attribute for borders, histograms, text and rectangles.

You can download plus find some documentation at http://members.shaw.ca/hillrg/ditto
Gewuerz

Post by Gewuerz »

I think it's a very nice script for CS2. I have tested and it's not working for me. I started the script in Bridge (1.03) and for a short time (ca. 10 s) can i view no action and not result.
I have a german WINXP and a english Photoshop CS2.
It's possible that the program paths give a error ? - in german WINXP the paths C:\Programme\... in english WINXP C:\Program Files\...

Thanks for help

Gewuerz

P.S. Excuse my bad english
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Gewuerz

It's not my script of course but yes that is definitely a problem but maybe not too difficult to fix. If you open the file DittoBridge.jsx in a text editor and search for '/ and "/ and /' and /" you will with luck find every file system path defined in the script. There are only a few as far as I can tell. Change them to the names your system uses and you may be ok.

Andrew
Rory

Post by Rory »

Andrew

I was on holidays last three weeks - thanks for the help! Do you have any suggestions for how I should deal with this issue without trying to support all possible installation possibilities?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

If I recall you only use a couple of fixed paths. Perhaps you could test for if they exist and if they do not issue a dialog or a folder dialog to get the user to specify what they want to use and save that in your settings file.

Andrew
Rory

Post by Rory »

That would be easy to implement. I will add to the next version. Thanks very much Andrew.

If you are interested, I posted some photos from my last trip at http://www.pbase.com/roryhill/american_sw_2006