creating a simple list of files and their resolution

General Discussion of Scripting for Adobe Bridge

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I think you can disable thumbnail generation in Bridge and all the images will just show up as just their filetype icon, should speed things up a little but seeing the pictures is the main point of using Bridge.
flieckster

Post by flieckster »

patrick do you know the VBS script to use exiftool to genarate csv data? i would love that option, but i don't don't know vbs.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Is there a reason you want to use VBS?

You can create a bat file to run the same exiftool command. Or there are several javascript methods posted here for running exiftool.

It's just as Patrick pointed out, most of us here don't use/know VBS

Mike
flieckster

Post by flieckster »

the only reason i thought of VBS is because the GUI for bridge is very slow. these reports I'm gathers are on several directory's every day. so i ll have one from directory A and then a 2nd from directory B. i just figured it would speed up the process if it was VBS but since i have no VBS skill then i guess its not an option.

the csv script listed works great the only thing its missing is a collum for "current date" then another collum that i want to hard code in the "vendors name" for each report. how do i add that?
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Unless I misunderstood what you wanted by 'current date', that is the first data item although the header just says date. You can edit that if you like.

Vednor is easy. Below is a version that prompts for the vendor name. You can move it if it's not where you want it.

Mike

Code: Select all#target bridge

if (BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge" ) {
   var menu = MenuElement.create( "command", "Export CSV File", "at the end of Tools");
   menu.onSelect = function(m) {
   try {
        var tDate = new Date();
        var tDay = parseInt(tDate.getMonth()+1)+'/'+tDate.getDate()+'/'+tDate.getFullYear();
      var f = File.saveDialog("Export file list to:", "Comma delimited file:*.CSV");
      var vendor = prompt("Vendor");
      if ( !f ) { return; }
      f.open("w");
      f.writeln("Date,Vendor,Name,Source,Credit,Width,Height,Resolution");
      var items = app.document.visibleThumbnails;
      for (var i = 0; i < items.length; ++i) {
         var item = items;
         f.writeln(tDay,',',vendor,',',item.name,',',ListMetadata(item) );
      };
      f.close();
   } catch(e) {}
  };
};

function ListMetadata(tn) {
   md = tn.metadata;
   md.namespace = "http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/";
   var res = md.Source + ',' + md.Credit; 
   md.namespace = "http://ns.adobe.com/tiff/1.0/";
   res = res + ',' + md.ImageWidth + ',' + md.ImageLength;
   return res;
}
flieckster

Post by flieckster »

getting there.
a few other questions.
is it possible to have a drop down of "vendor names" also the date, is it possible to gather "current date" but still pop up and ask so if you want to change it you can? and last but not least, is it possible for it say when its done its run? as it is now its hard to tell when its done.

thank you again for all you help.