Create Thumbnails / Remove IPTC/Metadata. CS3 or CS4 Only.

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

CS3 or Better
To install unzip and place this script into the following folder:
Start Bridge
Edit - Preferences -Startup Scripts
At the bottom click the "Reveal Button" this will open the folder where the script should be placed.

Create Thumbnails will create upto four documents,each document can be a different size/quality.
The resize is done on the longest size and is in pixels. (Reduction ONLY).
As these documents are created from the bitmapdata no IPTC/metadata is retained.
All newly created documents are placed in a folder called IPTC off the selected folder.
This script should work with psd, jpg, png, tif and gif files all other selected files will be ignored.
All options are sticky.

This script will appear in the right click menu as "Remove IPTC and Create Thumbnails"
flash68

Post by flash68 »

Thanks for a really useful script. I have a query though about slightly different height/width ratios compared to PS.

Our website uses main images of 320x220 and thumbnails of 140x96, 100x69 and 75x52. Resizing the main 320x220 image in PS and constraining the proportions gives thumbnails of these dimensions. However, using your script Bridge produces thumbnails of 140x96 (same as PS) but 100x68 and 75x51 (height 1 pixel smaller than PS).

I assume this is to do with rounding but do you know why PS and Bridge calculate differently and is there anything I can do to force your script to calculate the same as PS?
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

Sorry but there doesn't seam to be a way to alter the Bridge resize function.
bitmapDataObj.resize(dimension[, quality])
There are a few ways that fitImage can be done with Photoshop so there is more control.
flash68

Post by flash68 »

Thanks for the quick response. I thought that would be the case from a quick look at the script - I'll look at changing my templates instead.