CSV Data Collector

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Paul MR

CSV Data Collector

Post by Paul MR »

To install unzip and place this script into the following folder:
Start Bridge
Edit - Preferences -Startup Scripts
At the bottom click the "Reveal Button" this will open the folder where the script should be placed.

To use:-
Mouse Right click (menu) and select "CSV Data CollectorII"
Select a folder for the output file, enter filename (including extension)
Just tick the boxs of the fields to be extracted
navinkumar812

CSV Data Collector

Post by navinkumar812 »

Hi Paul, could you please brief what this script does.
mightysquirrel

CSV Data Collector

Post by mightysquirrel »

I have a csv file with a column of filenames with jpg extentsions, a column of keywords with comma separated values, and other columns not relevant here. I want to match those filenames to those actual images I have showing in Bridge, and get those keywords into the metadata through an automated process. I have installed the CSV Data Collector that Paul has, as a download into my Bridge Startup scripts as directed. Restarted Bridge and attempted to use it without any success nor error message. I choose the menu to use the script for CSV Data Collector II , select the filename for the csv, as well as check off 'keywords.' Click okay, and nothing. Tried it also by checking off 'filename' and 'keyword'. Nothing.
Paul, it seemed to me your script is supposed to find the matching filename in the csv file, and would take the keywords that are in a column in that same row from my csv file. If this is completely off, can you explain what this script is supposed to do?
I've also tried your ImportKeywords from-CSV and got error messages.
Paul MR

CSV Data Collector

Post by Paul MR »

This script EXTRACTS data to a csv from the chosen documents, it does not enter it.
mightysquirrel

CSV Data Collector

Post by mightysquirrel »

Gotcha. However you have the "Import Keywords From CSV," script which I've also downloaded. That one is for importing data from csv files and placing them into the IPTC field keywords in image files. There's another thread addressing that & the error messages received with that process. Thank you Paul.
Coinneach

CSV Data Collector

Post by Coinneach »

Awesome.
Thanks for this

Kenny
atonnesen

CSV Data Collector

Post by atonnesen »

Love the basic idea of this script. I want to export keywords from IPTC field in bridge. My problem is that although I have 99 thumbnails visible, it will only export data from the first 75 or so. Is there some limit or is it just me? Would also like to be able to export other IPTC fields. Any plans to extend the script? Thanks
Paul MR

CSV Data Collector

Post by Paul MR »

I haven't bothered as there is another script that will extract anything you want..
http://www.creativescripting.net/Bridge ... drock.html ... drock.html
Mike Hale

CSV Data Collector

Post by Mike Hale »

Paul, I think Bob must be redoing his site. Most of the links to his libs/scripts no longer work. Or at least I get file not found errors.
Paul MR

CSV Data Collector

Post by Paul MR »

Thanks for that Mike, hope it's ok to post this modified script? I have put everything into one script and it works fine in CS5.