Photoshop Paths

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

larsen67

Photoshop Paths

Post by larsen67 »

A little utility script in 3 flavors… For those who need organize imagery for placing in either Illustrator or Indesign. Takes a quick-ish look inside your Photoshop *.eps, *.jpeg, *.psd & *.tif files… Then should sort/organize them in the flavor of your choice… Label them 3 different colors, add them to collections or replace strings in the ITPC description field… When loaded you should have… One or all of these up to you…

When run you should end up with some thing like this… Well so I hope… It will look through all the files in the active Bridge window. Unsaved 'work paths' are NOT findable (for now) and EPS files will ONLY be processed on a Clipping or No Path basis as I can't find the other info in those yet… My first script here so be gentle…

The script files:

Photoshop_Paths_Collections.jsxbin.zip (2.12 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Photoshop_Paths_Labels.jsxbin.zip (1.84 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Photoshop_Paths_Metadata.jsxbin.zip (2.34 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
MIRYAMM

Photoshop Paths

Post by MIRYAMM »

Hello larsen
How to load, the file .Jsx in bridge?

Thanks
larsen67

Photoshop Paths

Post by larsen67 »

Oh that bit should be simple…

With Bridge open go to preferences navigate down to 'Startup Scritps' and click the 'Reveal my Startup Scritps' button.
Pop the expaned (unzipped) file in that folder.

Quit and re-launch Bridge. You should have a dialog asking to accept the new script OK it. Done.
If you no like it do the same but trash the script file. Its gone.
MIRYAMM

Photoshop Paths

Post by MIRYAMM »

Very simple when you know, Lol.

Thanks
DustinHoffman

Photoshop Paths

Post by DustinHoffman »

Hi Larsen

Your scripts work tremendious! I only have one question; is it possible to make the script that put the "saved path/clipping path/no path" in the metadata at the end of already existing metadata instead of replacing it?

Thanx for a great script!
larsen67

Photoshop Paths

Post by larsen67 »

Sure I think that should be possible… The scripts were just example helpers (I out source a lot of images for clipping) they for the most part end up in ID or AI… For me a long standing feature request is Bridge Handle Photoshop paths in some manor… At present only users with Photoshop can make this check by opening… I chose to use the 'description' field because this option can be viewed under the thumbnails via your prefs… Is that where you still want this or do you prefer some other field?
DustinHoffman

Photoshop Paths

Post by DustinHoffman »

Hi Larsen

Nice that you think it should work. I would prefer to still have the "path information" at the end of already existing information in the description field. So essentiell information from photographers remain in the description field + the "path info". That would be the greatest.

Thanks a lot!
Svrnc_Tprunkov

Photoshop Paths

Post by Svrnc_Tprunkov »

Hi, Larsen, is it possible for you to change the scripts so they work with files without extensions, like on Mac machines?
larsen67

Photoshop Paths

Post by larsen67 »

Do you know I hadn't given that a thought… I started to include file extensions ever since OSX. I would encourage you do like wise. While Apple may allow this I think its only cosmetic. If I chop off the suffix of a file then the extension is retained but becomes invisible/hidden to the GUI. I can always get info and put it back to visible… As for scripting this is the first time its been brought to my attention… I will have to see how the ESTK deals with this…?
Mike Hale

Photoshop Paths

Post by Mike Hale »

I agree with mark that extensions are a good thing on any platform. It makes working with the files easier. Both Mac and Windows allow you to hide the extension. Extensions also make file sharing across platforms easier.

Mark, a file object on Mac will have a type property. You could use that for files without extensions. Image Processor is an example of a script that can deal with files without extensions on the MacOS.