Photoshop Paths

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

larsen67

Photoshop Paths

Post by larsen67 »

Mike, I didn't know windows could do that… I thought extensions were windows mandatory n mac optional ( but hidden ) Yes on the mac OS you can go to the file types TIFF and creator types 8BIM being Photoshop… What I had never looked at was how the ESTK handled this hidden extension or maybe NOT? I know it has a File.hidden as in an OS file… I will have to take a look new issue…
Mike Hale

Photoshop Paths

Post by Mike Hale »

Sorry if I wasn't clear. While extensions on Windows are not mandatory, files without extensions are almost useless because the extension is the only way Windows makes the file associations. What I was trying to say was that you can hide the extensions from view. They are still there but don't show.
Arianesp

Photoshop Paths

Post by Arianesp »

Hi !

can we have that script for pc?
its not working, i try on 2 computer...but its working on mac!

thx
tms

Photoshop Paths

Post by tms »

Hi there,

today I found and tried your script about the photoshop paths in bridge, it just works. I'm new in javascripting bridge, but have done some applescripts to do some tasks in finder, photoshop, indesign and to tag information to the metadate of pictures, and lately I wanted to get into scripting bridge and photoshop, because it's very needfull at work.

long story shortened:

I tried to open your script in textwrangler and the ExtendScript Toolkit, but none of them revealed the code properly, so I'd like to know wheter your code is secret or you could send it to me, to learn something about how to write scripts for bridge and maybe edit it for my interests ..

Thanks a lot
sebastian

tms

Paul MR

Photoshop Paths

Post by Paul MR »

Hi Sebastian, getting the path information requires parsing the files in binary, here is another example but you can read this code so that you should get an idea what is going on.
This script will create three folders hasPath, noPath and hasClip
it will sort a folder full of psd, tif, jpg or eps files into the respective folders, unsaved paths (workpath) is supported.
photohadar

Re: Photoshop Paths

Post by photohadar »

Hi,
I go thousands of jpeg images I need to sort them between 1)with clipping mask and 2)without clipping mask.
I wonder if these scrips mentioned on the conversation are still available?

Photoshop_Paths_Collections.jsxbin.zip (2.12 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Photoshop_Paths_Labels.jsxbin.zip (1.84 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Photoshop_Paths_Metadata.jsxbin.zip (2.34 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Or are there any other solutions available?

Thanks so much
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

Attachments
Photoshop_Paths_Collections.jsxbin.zip
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Photoshop_Paths_Labels.jsxbin.zip
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Photoshop_Paths_Metadata.jsxbin.zip
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Paths sort.zip
(666 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times
photohadar

Post by photohadar »

Thank you so much for sharing the scripts.
I managed to download and place them in Adobe Bridge's start up script.
But I don't know what to do next to identify the difference between the files with clipping path and without path.
Could you please kindly guide me what to do next.
Thanks and regards
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

See if appropriate box(es) are enabled in Startup Scripts Preferences menu, then relaunch Bridge.

Probably you find proper item at end of either Tools menu or contextual menu when right clicking in thumbnails area of Content panel.