Do It Yourself Metadata Input

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

pixelpusher

Post by pixelpusher »

I have to say, Paul MR has put an amazing amount of time and effort into the scripts here. Thank you! Now for my question, is there any way to easily add fields to your script? for instance I would like to insert a photographer name into Author along with the other options you have.

Thanks!
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

Please try this now..
pixelpusher

Post by pixelpusher »

WOW! I don't know how you find the time but thanks for all of the help that you are giving out. This looks great. Even has the copyright information option which was not in the previous version I had and which I thought I might do in a separate step. Thanks so much. Cheers.
ldaniels

Post by ldaniels »

Paul,

Amazing script and exactly what I was searching for. This just saved me days worth of work.
Thank you so very much for your intelligent work!
pixelpusher

Post by pixelpusher »

FYI, I ran into one issue with the script. I had about 2,500 files and at first I thought there was some kind of limit which didn't make a lot of sense. I narrowed it down to the image it kept stopping at - it would complete 154 images and then nothing after that even though the log said all was good. It turned out that the metadata had 2 spaces between a word instead of a single space and this somehow stopped everything in its tracks even though it thought it was done. Once I cleaned that up everything ran fine.
Paul MR

Re: Do It Yourself Metadata Input

Post by Paul MR »

Here is the latest code...
Attachments
DIYMetadata.jpg
DIYMetadata.jpg (64.95 KiB) Viewed 20218 times
DIY Metadata.zip
Latest version
(4.76 KiB) Downloaded 941 times
valentint

Post by valentint »

Hi,
This script, if I can make it work, would be gold to me.
It works fine but the results of the kw is a list of words delimited by semicolon "|" and not commas.
Am I doing something wrong or is this standard?
Thank you.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Good to see you here, Paul. Your presence here makes this a better site.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

@valentint Bridge always displays keywords delimited by semicolon for me in the UK/US versions.

@X Nice to see you here, it would be better if you were a mod then the site might get a momentum going. It is a bit slow having to have everything moderated by just the one person! Also it would be nice to have trusted users to be able to create/reply to threads without being moderated. But still early days :)
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

You both are legends of Ps scripting. That I found from your and Michael Hale posts starting at 2005 or even earlier when CS series came out is so large knowledge that I fear to get lost at my early days with scripting :) Would be nice seeing you both as moderators. There's nothing remaining in this "Codethral" than praying for Gods return :oops: