Bridge import keywords from CSV

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

To install unzip and place this script into the following folder:
Start Bridge
Edit - Preferences -Startup Scripts
At the bottom click the "Reveal Button" this will open the folder where the script should be placed.

To use:-
Mouse Right click (menu) and select "Keyword Importer"
You have the option of Replace or Append Keywords
Once the script has run an error log will pop open showing any documents that have not been updated.

CSV format should be:

Field1: FileName including full path
All other fields should contain a keyword

EG:
c:/folder/folder2/fileName.psd,Keyword1,Keyword2,Keyword3
mightysquirrel

Post by mightysquirrel »

I'd like to be able to import the csv keywords into the keywords of the metadata field in our jpgs, psds, or tifs. Your script sounded like what i need.

I have put in the script into Bridge as directed. I selected my images, and chose "keyword importer". I received an Errorlog.txt that had a series of notices for each filename contained in my .csv document, granted I only had 10 images selected and over 7,000 in the document.
I created a smaller .csv document, and it too failed with the same error log.

Ones listed in the error log included those which had images selected in my Bridge window.

/Applications/Adobe Bridge CS4/Plug-Ins/ss2081105_3006 ****Does Not Exist****

Any idea what this error log is and why it is occurring?
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I think that Paul is on holiday so it may be a week or so before he can answer this and your other post.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

Your CSV is in a different format, yours does not contain a path for the filename!
This should be ok for file name only and keywords seperated by semicolon.
You will need to select the folder in Bridge first!
mightysquirrel

Post by mightysquirrel »

I'm not understanding. Instead of selecting all the images, I selected their folder this time. Similar error message
/Applications/Adobe Bridge CS4/Plug-Ins/ss3190108_9476.psd ****Does Not Exist****
I had a 'professional' keyword company give us these xls files, assuring me the comma separated values were what stock houses will want. Anyways, we want to embed keywords into our own files for use here. I opened the .xls file, saved it as a .csv, and now I'm searching for a script to embed/append the keywords onto our corresponding images. What should I be doing with your script? Can you tell me where the error is or if there is a problem with the document i'm showing you, can you show me an example of what one should look like that will work with your script ?
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

It looks like Paul made a new script for you that works with csv files that don't have the full path. From the number of downloads of that new script it looks like you did not download the new script to work with your csv file.
mightysquirrel

Post by mightysquirrel »

Thanks Mike. I have since downloaded and tried to use the Import Keywords From CSV. I'm receiving the same error messages. Perhaps an error in the csv file organization we were given from the keywording company.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

This is strange as I have used your CSV file for the testing in the new script and it works for me.
Are you sure you are using the new script?
jyates

Post by jyates »

I am glad I found this as I am doing the same thing. We are currently using a DAM solution but want to migrate to a bridge CS4 solution.
I have downloaded script and tested It fails for me also.

"/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CS4 Extensions/Device Central/Filename ****Does Not Exist****"

If I move the files to this location and then run it works okay.
Is there away to fix this or do I need to copy all files to this location and then copy back to required folder.
Also our CSV file is formatted as attached. Is there anyway to add title to the description IPTC field?

Any help with this would be great.
If this works you have my extreme thanks as this is perfect solution for my requirements.
Thanks in advance
Jon
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

Hi Jon, your CSV file is a cross between the above two this version should work for you...