Bridge import keywords from CSV

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

Hi Jon, your CSV file is a cross between the above two this version should work for you...
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

Sorry I missed the bit about the description field, the Title is now added in this version.
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Paul MR wrote:Sorry I missed the bit about the description field, the Title is now added in this version.

Paul,

Many thanks indeed for your work on this script.

I'm using this latest "UpdatekeysII" 1.04kb script to work with a csv list where the Filename in the csv has no path, there's a Title then a comma and then a list of keywords.

My problem is the same as the rest of the guys here: getting an Error log with each line returning a not found ( example line below ):

/t/TEST_IMAGES/IPTC_import_test/forestpath2289.jpg does not exist!

The images are all in that very path though. The csv is on a different drive. The folder is selected then right-click in Bridge and run the script.

Strangely though the actual script is working and an update to the title/desc and keywords works fine 100% - all the details go in ok - it's just this error message that seems to be saying the file can't be found when it must have been found as all the keywords are there... !

Any ideas? Cheers,

Jaybee

p.s. I tried with putting the csv file in the folder where the images are and still the same error log result.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

You are right I had made a stupid mistake, hopefully fixed in this.
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Paul MR wrote:You are right I had made a stupid mistake, hopefully fixed in this.

Superb Paul, that works 100% perfectly.

Tested with a false file name too and that was the only error reported as it should.

A thousand thanks.

Jaybee
RudyG

Post by RudyG »

I am just starting to get into the depth of Photoshop and have just found this extremely useful forum to hopefully have an issue solved. The script “updatekeysII“ already goes into the right direction in filling IPTC fields with data retrieved of a csv file – just what I was looking for, it is a great relieve to have such a functionality discovered.

However, the csv data I have is slightly different, it contains text including comma which should be entered like this in the IPTC field. The present script regards a comma as a separator for fields or for different keywords.

Here is what I would need:
- a script that regards a semicolon a a separator instead of a comma
- have text with comma put into the field “headline” (I hope this is the correct translation for the field name – I work with the German version of Bridge, there it is shown one field above the “description” field.)
- have text with comma put into the field “descripton”
- have keywords put into the field “keywords”, separated by comma – just the way the present script “updatekeysII” does it.

I attach a csv file as an example.

And would it be possible that the script doesn't need the ".jpg" extension in the file name? Please see the attached csv file where I put the jpg extension in manually in. In the original file, the first column always contains the file name without the jpg extension.

How can the script be modified to fulfill these tasks? However, I am a complete newbie to that. Or is there another way?

Any hint is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Rudy