Do It Yourself Metadata Input

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: xbytor, DavideBarranca, Paul MR

iTenol

Re: Do It Yourself Metadata Input

Postby iTenol » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 pm

1st thanks to the creator and maintainer of this site... I've been searching high and low for the script on this thread.

2nd Huge thanks to Paul for taking the time to write this script, especially for non-programmers like myself.

I've not played with the script yet, but want to ask can the script insert metadata into the image based on file name

If so how (sorry no programming experience) so asking for help and willing to pay

I want to be able to simply use this script but have it iterate through all images in a folder and insert metadata based on the name of the file and the 1st column in a CSV file...

For example:

Filename = "Pink Cat On A Mat.psd" (could be a jpg or png)

Script to perform the following actions once all the data columns are paired up

1) read file name
2) lookup CSV to find identical name in 1st column of CSV
3) If found then replace metadata in image file with the metadata from the matching line

Is this possible and can anyone help

Thanks in advance

asacederholm

Re: Do It Yourself Metadata Input

Postby asacederholm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi there,

This script has been very useful for me! At my company we use it to add MetaData to images that are then read by the Live Caption function in Indesign to create automatic product image descriptions in our catalogues. It's saving us so much time! Thank you.

This season, we need to add data into the State/Province field, which isn't currently included in the check box list in the DIY MetaData window. I took a scripting course recently for another reason, so I took the liberty to try myself to add this field in. I can get it as far as showing up in the list and sorting list, but have had no luck getting the data to actually apply to the image. I'm sure it's a beginners mistake!

I would be forever grateful to anyone who could offer me some help in sorting this out. I have attached my modified script here for reference.

Thanks!

Åsa
Attachments
DIY Metadata REV.jsx.zip
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Return to “Adobe Bridge Scripts”