ABR to Image File ?

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Owl

ABR to Image File ?

Post by Owl »

Is there a script that can take a ABR file and can export each brush within the ABR file as a 2,000 x 2,000px image ?

As well, how can you add a menu to the Ps menu, I simply want a menu that lists my actions for fast access.
xbytor

ABR to Image File ?

Post by xbytor »

AFAIK, the file format for ABR files has not been documented and I don't know of anyone having reversed engineered the format for PS/JS. It has, however, been reverse engineered for Objective C and possibly other languages. There may be an application or PS plugin that already does what you want. Try google.
Owl

ABR to Image File ?

Post by Owl »

Like with many Pre-PsCC scripts and tools ABRMate which does exactly what I want is not compatible with CC
tyr

ABR to Image File ?

Post by tyr »

Sorry if my solution is too blunt but here's how I would do that:

1) first of manually lock all brush properties with all jitters turned off, set opacity/flow to 100%
then in the script:
2) get a length of brush presets array
3) for this length: set brush size to 2000, make a new image, put a path point in the middle, stroke a path with pressure turned off, delete path, save & close the file, fire Next Brush command, repeat.

Since all the properties are locked, the strokes will be exactly as tip shapes of brushes
Owl

ABR to Image File ?

Post by Owl »

tyr wrote:Sorry if my solution is too blunt but here's how I would do that:

1) first of manually lock all brush properties with all jitters turned off, set opacity/flow to 100%
then in the script:
2) get a length of brush presets array
3) for this length: set brush size to 2000, make a new image, put a path point in the middle, stroke a path with pressure turned off, delete path, save & close the file, fire Next Brush command, repeat.

Since all the properties are locked, the strokes will be exactly as tip shapes of brushes

Put a path point in the middle, then stoke a path, there has to be a more intuitive method