quick question-recognising mouse clicks

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

cboy07

quick question-recognising mouse clicks

Post by cboy07 »

Hi,
Just a quick question, if I have a script for instance which allows the user to draw a shape on the screen. Is there some code I can add which will recognise when this has been completed (probably through a mouse release) so I can then continue and load up another script.

Thanks
Kukurykus

Re: quick question-recognising mouse clicks

Post by Kukurykus »

You can use X Mouse Button Control

http://forums.highrez.co.uk

After you download it there is not much to do:

1) add Photoshop aplication to XMBC profile in left panel of app. box
2) now when this profile is ticked and active you have to ways:

a) from list of mouse buttons on the right panel choose in "Left Button": Simulated Keys (undefined)
b) now change from the list "how to send simulated key strokes" first option to second, so it will be 'As mouse button is released'.

OR

a) from list of mouse buttons on the right panel choose in for "Right Button": Button Chording, and then choose Left Button
b) from sublist of mouse buttons on the right panel choose in "Left Button": Simulated Keys (undefined)

3) in 'Enter the custom key(s)' blank you must found out yourself what command to type in to run .jsx script (ask Phil on forums).
4) press enter, then enter again for applying changes and that's done

Advice: before you leave you can go to settings and bound some unused key to enable/diable or oppening XMBC instead of doing it other way.