Disable Double-click To Close Selection

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

neurot

Disable Double-click To Close Selection

Post by neurot »

I may be asking the impossible here but, is it possible to disable the "feature" that closes a selection by double-clicking with the polygonal lasso tool? I know it's not in the preferences/options of PS but I was curious if there was maybe some other way of disabling it (scripting etc). The reason I ask is because I frequently make large selections and it can be a big headache when they close prematurely. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kukurykus

Re: Disable Double-click To Close Selection

Post by Kukurykus »

Not by Photoshop Scripting but X Mouse Button Control!

http://highrez.co.uk/downloads/

After you download it there is not much to do:

1) add Photoshop aplication to XMBC profile in left panel of app. box
2) when this profile is ticked and active from list of mouse buttons on the right panel choose in "Left Button": Simulated Keys (undefined)
3) now paste it in 'Enter the custom key(s)' blank: {lmb}{waitms<400>} and press enter, then enter for applying changes again and that's done

Advice: before you leave you can go to settings and bound some unused key to enable/diable or oppening XMBC instead of doing it other way.