Same result as "crop and straighten" without straighten

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

NexusFred

Same result as "crop and straighten" without straighten

Post by NexusFred »

Hello (I'm French so sorry for my bad English )

I have to batch crop a lot of photos with a centered object on a more or less white/grey background.

For this exist the function "crop and straighten" or more often called "crop and rotate".

This function work well minus the rotate part who I don't need and who produce a lot of not needed rotations.
EX: a rotation made on a circular or a octagonal object.

Unfortunately the "crop and straighten" function is not a JavaScript, so I can't deactivate the rotate part.

I can use other function like "Magic wand" to select the background, remove it and use the "Trim" function, but
the result is not so perfect like when I use the "crop and straighten".

So I looking on the web how the "crop and straighten" work to select correctly and only the object on the photo and
crop the background even when I have on it some dark spot. Unfortunately without any result.

Did you have any idea of how the crop part of "crop and straighten" work ? Or how can I reproduce the same crop result ?

Best regards

Thanks

NexusFred