Need Help with Lenticular Scripts

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

designer1

Need Help with Lenticular Scripts

Post by designer1 »

I had purchased PS4 Extended with Lenticular capabilities back in March 2010. Spent time in learning and designing using the 3D Menus and also, downloading and studying all of the Tutorials from “The Russell Brown Show.com.”

Next, designed several 8” x 10” files and then printed them on a 600dpi Hp inkjet printer (a pitch test was generated before printing the final documents.) The process includes printing the job on a high-gloss paper,
then registering the paper to the lenticular sheet with adhesive backing. Please note that there is a solid red line that runs down the left margin (built into each of the scripts mentioned below) that is key for press registration.

My goal is to produce a 21up credit card size document (portrait) directly printed onto a 12” x 18” 60lpi Lenticular sheet with an output resolution of 812.8 dpi (Hp Indigo s2000 digital press.)

I’ve already have done the testing for the substrate ... and I have a ppd for an Hp Indigo s2000. I had contacted Russell to see if his existing Scripts could be modified to my output requirements. Right now, the existing scripts are for a maximum image size of 8.5” x 11” and predetermined device output resolutions of 600dpi (HP inkjet) and 720dpi (Epson inkjet.) Russell’s reply reads as follows; “Yes, the scripts could be altered, but it would definitely take some scripting expertise to pull it off ... You are completely welcome to alter the scripts in any way you want; all scripts for Photoshop can be edited with a simple text editor.”

Is there anyone/anywhere I can turn to for help in the Re-scripting of the existing “Pitch Test Generator” and the “Configurator Panel” (The Russell Brown Show.com_Lenticular) to meet the Hp Indigo s2000 output requirements?

Thank you for your attention (all helpful suggestions are welcomed.)

designer1