error 22 window does not have a constructor

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Kennyk

Post by Kennyk »

I have a MacBook Pro 17in 200 gig HD - 2gig RAM. I recently bought CS5 upgrade. When I try to use photomerge I receive the following window:

ReferenceError: Window does not have a constructor.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS5 and before adding any plugins from CS4, I tried photomerge and got the same window.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this or do I just have a bad copy ?

Kenny
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

I wonder if you have installed the update?
http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/06/ph ... lable.html ... lable.html

Another thing you could try, can you open Image Processor? If that opens try Photomerge again.
Kennyk

Post by Kennyk »

I installed the update - tried image processor - and received the same error.

Kenny
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

It does sound like there is a problem with the scripting engine, I think you will have to contact Adobe to see if they can help.
Kennyk

Post by Kennyk »

I spoke with an Adobe tech from (India) this morning regarding this issue. We went thru several steps and it appears there is some type of conflict or corruption with my main administrator account. We set up a (test) administrator account, and photomerge and image processor worked fine. Back to my main account, and it doesn't work. The tech suggested I contact Apple.

Thanks for your suggestions Paul.

That's the latest.

Kenny
Kennyk

Post by Kennyk »

Update: A person from Apple Discussions (Snow Leopard) suggested I reinstall the SL update. I did so, and now, image processor and photomerge are working normally in CS5.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions?

Kenny
Kennyk

Post by Kennyk »

Update 2: While I thought my issue was resolved by downloading and reinstalling SL update - it was not. I had some issues with my Nik filters and the very helpful Nik tech put everything back where it was suppose to be to make them work correctly. When I attempted to use photomerge and image processor in CS5 again, I received the same error as before "window does not have a constructor". I called the Nik tech back and she said they were seeing this issue with other pluggins as well, and it appears to be an issue with Snow Leopard.

If I access CS5 thru a different administrator account, image processor and photomerge work fine. So, it seems when you move a folder, etc., in SL something is causing corruption.

Kenny
Kennyk

Post by Kennyk »

After posting this unique problem on several forums I wanted to update my latest findings.

I trashed the PS preferences (second time) and now image processor and photomerge appear to be working properly again.

I also thought it was a Mac Snow Leopard problem, but thru one of the other forums was apprised of a few PC with Windows 7 having the same error.

I'll update again if anything else comes up.