Display scripts dialog box only once in an action run by Automate > Batch

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

zeeto

Display scripts dialog box only once in an action run by Automate > Batch

Post by zeeto »

Hello,

I have an action which runs just a script.
The script displays a dialog box allowing to select various parameters, based on which the image is processed.
I want to run this action using Automate > Batch command, and I'd like the dialog box to show only once and apply the parameters set within this dialog box to all the images in the batch.

I tried to use app.set/getCustomOptions(), but this requires to restart the Photoshop after every batch, as the set object stays in Photoshop registry until Photoshop is closed, even with persistance set to false.

I came across suggestions like saving the config file, but this requires to remember to delete the file, after the batch is completed.

Of course, I could integrate a folder selection in my dialog box to select all the files to process, but I really need to be able to run this script via Automate > Batch option.

Thanks
wasfiwasfi

Re: Display scripts dialog box only once in an action run by Automate > Batch

Post by wasfiwasfi »

can you share the script !?
Sickculture

Re: Display scripts dialog box only once in an action run by Automate > Batch

Post by Sickculture »

perhaps it´s the same problem I have in my script. Any solution? I will run an action and all dialog boxes with values of blur or highpass should safe in a file and load on next batch. the file should be next to psd file. So I´m able the run the batch job again with same configs. Best with dialog, if load old config or create new.

viewtopic.php?t=42323