Newbie with some questions

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

snb

Newbie with some questions

Post by snb »

I've been working on automating a procedure for combining night photos to reduce noise. I have an action that works but it's a real hack because I don't have any looping methods available in actions. I've read through the JavaScriptTools Guide, Photoshop-CS6=JaveScript Ref, and Photoshop-CS6-Scripting Guide. I've worked a couple of examples and this looks like it's something I can do (I did C, C++ an fortran programming as a profession). I had a couple of questions concerning things that I do in my action and how they translate to PS scripting. Any help would be most appreciated.

* When you select multiple layers in photoshop what does that translate to in PS script? Is is something like a layer set?

* What does a smart object look like in PS script?

* I need to align layers, and do a do a stack operation on the smart object. Do I need go the action manager route to grab the java script to run those operations? If I do need to use the action manager where can I find the ScriptListener?

Thanks again!
Steve
Chris_Kalmar

Re: Newbie with some questions

Post by Chris_Kalmar »

I'm sure You'll find something useful here

http://ps-scripts.sourceforge.net/xtools.html