Action not working at certain times during the day

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Charlie Chalk

Post by Charlie Chalk »

Hi
If Photoshop isn't open, then the droplet works. But as soon as Photoshop is open and you re-try the droplet the Disk Error message returns.

One thing to note, we do have quite strictly managed proiles here, not sure if that has anything to do with it (But if it had, surely that would result in the droplet not working at all - at any time of day?).

I'll Zip the droplet later this morning and let you know when its there.

CC
Charlie Chalk

Post by Charlie Chalk »

Right, I'm just about to upload the droplet - should be there in the next ten minutes.

Settings for the droplet:
Suppress Files Open Options Dialogs - ticked
Suppress Colour Profile Warnings - ticked

Nothing else ticked.

I've also tried opening each application on my Mac, one at a time and running the droplet after loading each one - no errors (but it is a little early in the morning for it!!)

I really can't believe it has anything to do with the time of day - but up to now I have nothing else to blame it on.

CC
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Charlie,

You may need to retry your upload. There doesn't seem to be a file attached
Charlie Chalk

Post by Charlie Chalk »

There you go.

CC
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Well, I can't get the droplet to open the psd. It brings photoshop to the front but doesn't open the file. I also tried a jpeg just to see if it would open it and it doesn't

I'm using WinXP, maybe that's the problem. Does OSX still use data and resource forks? If so you might need to binhex it for us poor windoze users
Charlie Chalk

Post by Charlie Chalk »

I've had a Windows version running for around a day and a half now and it doesn't seem to crash at all. I'll see if I can get a zipped version of it up for you today.

I tried the Mac version on a completely different machine this morning and it failed to open giving me Disk Errors again.

This is sooo frustrating. Do you think Strct Managed Profiles could cause it?

CC