looking for a script to apply adjustment layers to multiple layers

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

wgan

looking for a script to apply adjustment layers to multiple layers

Post by wgan »

there might be multiple adjustment layers (curve, hue, etc), to reduce the complexity, assuming all those adjustment layers sitting on top of all the layers below and all the layers are of normal transparent mode (but might be of different transparency), I've looked up on many places, unfortunately yet to find one, I could have done this manually, but then there are cases which involve many many layers.
Kukurykus

Re: looking for a script to apply adjustment layers to multiple layers

Post by Kukurykus »

Please post 2 screenshots with examplary scenario to imagine better that you described. So I ask of tree of layer(Set)s image from before applying adjustement layers to, and then one from after applying them. That let to be sure how that should work, thx! Indicate also unseen details...
wgan

Post by wgan »

Hi, please see the attachments, the adjustment layers I was talking about are color balance, layer in colour mode, vibrance and curve on top of the group, but group is not necessary here thus can be ungrouped, so ideally, all those 4 adjustment layers would be merged to each layer in the group, for example, all 4 adjustment layers would be merged to layer 2990, again, all 4 layers would be merged to 2989 and for the rest of the layers in the group.
Attachments
ps layers after.PNG
ps layers after.PNG (6.96 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

If I understand you made smart object from 4 adjustement layers that got 'Layer 2990' name. Then you created another smart object from 4 layers that each has other transparency that for 'Layer 2989' name.

You can't make Smart Object from Adjustement layers as it is going to disable pernamently their effect. You may make a group from them though.

Regarding another 4 normal layers you can make either Smart Object or a Group from.

Only all that can be done manually can be rewrite to script, nothing that is not accesible.

Is that you want a script was doing?
wgan

Post by wgan »

one attachment seems to be missing, here's the one elaborate what I want more clearly,
adjustment layer merge.PNG
adjustment layer merge.PNG (6.39 KiB) Viewed 13512 times
please ignore smart object in my previous post, all I want, as the screenshot shows above, is to merge 3 adjustment layers to each normal layer, so after this, there should be 4 normal layers with 3 adjustment layers applied to them individually.
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

Okey now I think I understand. It is possible to do. It's late here so probably I'll focus on it tomorrow if I have time. Just one last question. Do you want three adjustement layers where merged into one? And then duplicated as many times as many there are normal layers? So over each normal layer you'll have (merged into one) its own adjustement layer?

I read that again and I think you may want 3 adjustement layers were merged into one and then merged separately again with each normal layer?

I got it - if that has to work, all adjustement layers has to be duplicated, then originals merged to one normal layer, and so one with every next...
coreyarte

Post by coreyarte »

Great Looking forward to this aswell. Appreciate your efforts man
wgan

Post by wgan »

yes that's what I'd like to have, I appreciate your time and efforts, thank you!
wgan

Post by wgan »

Hi I'm still in search of such a script, I would like some help
joonaspaakko

Post by joonaspaakko »

wgan wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 am Hi I'm still in search of such a script, I would like some help

I didn't read the whole thread, but based on the first few posts, I believe this script does what you want:
https://gist.github.com/joonaspaakko/01 ... ba0fb9a2a0

Edit: I now realize there is not even a single mention of export. So maybe you just wanted to merge the adjustment layers without exporting, in which case this script would be less than ideal. I guess it would still work if you load the layers back in the stack with another script :)

This example image doesn't have any adjustments, but in the case of your screenshot setup, you'd group all the normal layers, select the group and run the script.
49152494-aef8af00-f31b-11e8-80ff-d774e3103eae.png
49152494-aef8af00-f31b-11e8-80ff-d774e3103eae.png (161.27 KiB) Viewed 10502 times