PS CS2 actions that employ scripts

Discussion of actual or possible Photoshop Scripting Bugs, Anomalies and Documentation Errors

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

RagsGardner

PS CS2 actions that employ scripts

Post by RagsGardner »

I have a number of scripts that I run from actions. This is basically because there is no support for conditional actions.

None of these (actions that reference scripts) can be initiated from Bridge selections. In the case of the “Image Processor” the answer was that it is a script and scripts cannot imbed scripts. So be it. Adobe does have several options to fix this though.

However, I can’t get any actions (that reference scripts) to run from the Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Batch: all fail with ‘The command “Scripts” is not Available’.

From Photoshop File > Automate > Batch: the “Source:” drop down does not allow you to select Bridge (unless initiated from the Bridge) even with images selected in the Bridge. Thus to run any such actions, you need to create a new folder with only the images you want to operate on. This does work, but it is a pain.

Another issue is that when you record an action with a script, the full path is saved. Thus if you save and copy the actions from CS1 to CS2 or to another machine, none of the actions can find the script or they find the wrong one. It would be better if the action saved only the script name, without the path.