Need to clear Photoshop's memory

Discussion of actual or possible Photoshop Scripting Bugs, Anomalies and Documentation Errors

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

txuku

Re: Need to clear Photoshop's memory

Post by txuku »

Bonjour

Done

With Extendscript :

With Notepad2 :
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

I don't know what do you mean that's done. Did that work this time? I'll say what I did:

1) I saved scr1.jsx, scr2.jsx ans scr.exe on my desktop.
2) if ExtendScript Toolkit was on I quitted it.
3) No matter Photoshop was already launched or not I clicked on desktop twice scr.jsx

If Photoshop wasn't launched it launched it, then it had to execute scr.exe as 2 seconds later "Hello!" message alerted in Photoshop.

If that didn't work for you like it, then I'll test it next week in Windows 7 in my work and tell you what was the result.
txuku

Post by txuku »

Bonjour

if I click src1.jsx twice this opens ExtendScript Toolkit and it s stopped.

I just tested and Cropping.jsx Cropping.exe with Windows 10 same result!

I rest in your pending trials ...........
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

You're not one having problem with ExtendScript opening each time you try to do something targeted to Photoshop: https://www.ps-scripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=24374

I have no idea why it happens, maybe some thought come to me when I'm on other computer shortly.

For now I only know that when you open properties of a File you can choose that .jsx files will be executed by Photoshop (no matter there can be not #target photoshop in the head of code) untill you change this behaviour back. They should have the same icon what .psd file but link to Photoshop instead of ExtendScript. Try it and say what was the effect...
txuku

Post by txuku »

Yes !!!

I just handling .....
That's it
It works !!! :D