Smart Object links panel

Flex, Flash & CS SDK Script and Code Snippets

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

chron1813

Smart Object links panel

Post by chron1813 »

Even though this isn't working for me, it's an unbelievably awesome plug-in. I'd pay this this plug-in, hands down.
Mike Hale

Smart Object links panel

Post by Mike Hale »

chron1813 wrote:Even though this isn't working for me, it's an unbelievably awesome plug-in. I'd pay this this plug-in, hands down.

I glad you like it. I got some help from someone at Adobe and I think that is now should work with Photoshop CS5 64 and 32 bit on Mac. I updated the file so please try LinksCS5.zip again. And please let me know if that does indeed gets it working for you.

Edit: Tested on Mac 10.6.3 with Photoshop CS5 Extended.
chron1813

Smart Object links panel

Post by chron1813 »

Doesn't seem to be working. It's also not an mxi file anymore so the Extension Manager wouldn't install it, so I tried placing the files in the correct location, but I could have gotten that wrong.
Mike Hale

Smart Object links panel

Post by Mike Hale »

chron1813 wrote:Doesn't seem to be working. It's also not an mxi file anymore so the Extension Manager wouldn't install it, so I tried placing the files in the correct location, but I could have gotten that wrong.
When you unzip it it is a zxp file which is the CS5 version of mxp. Extension Manager CS5 will install a zxp file. A mxi file is what Extension Manager uses to create the mxp/zxp package depending on which version of Extension Manager you use.

I just downloaded the zip to make sure that I uploaded the right file. Extension Manager CS5 does install it for me using WinXP. You might have to open Extension Manager CS5 first. I understand on some systems double clicking on the zxp file will open the wrong version of Extension Manager.
Mike Hale

Smart Object links panel

Post by Mike Hale »

Turns out when added the code to check which version of Photoshop the panel is running under I had a typo in the jsx that was stopping the panel from working. That is corrected now and I have tested in on WinXP and Mac 110.6.3 with CS5
cnever

Re: Smart Object links panel

Post by cnever »

Hi There

Any chance this is still available to download some where?

thanks!
satyatunes

Post by satyatunes »

I would also like to use this script. Please share.
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

satyatunes

Post by satyatunes »

Thank you so much, Kukurykus. Really appreciate it.
sanavigupta

Post by sanavigupta »

Great Post.Thank You