Can't get color picker tutorial to work

General Discussion of Scripting for Flex, Flash & CS SDK

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

kpt

Post by kpt »

I've just bought Adobe's Flash Builder and started with the samples included in the CS5 SDK.

If I copy ColorPicker.jsx and ColorPicker.swf to the Plug-ins/Panel, everything works fine.

If I try to build the same with Flash Builder, it does not work: the color is not propagated from the Photoshop foreground/background areas to the Flash panel and vice versa. Seems like events are not registered.

I'm using Flex 3.6, have copied the CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc to the libs folder before generating the SWF-file.

My ColorPicker.swf is 402246 bytes. Adobe's SWF-file included in the SDK is 400657.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Being able to register events seems to be the only way of communicating from Javascript back into Action Script...
kpt

Post by kpt »

Hm, just noticed that I got the error message "Design mode: Cannot load CSXSLibrary.swc (reason: ERROR: Load Verify). It may require classes (such as Adobe AIR components) that are not supported by design mode. Check the Eclipse error log for more details."

Can't remember if that was there before - will have to investigate.