Tool kit on Leopard Mac

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

larsen67

Tool kit on Leopard Mac

Post by larsen67 »

I have X's tool kit installed on my mac at work and its working just fine. I've also installed it at home where I am running CS2 (boo!!) on a Leopard imac and it is this one that is not working for me. Running 'ActionDescriptorToJavascript.jsx' gives me an error of '<no additional information>@14640' does anybody know what might be leading to this and how I can try fix this issue? If i run the script from ExtendScript Toolkit then it errors at line 14626 'desc.fromStream(str);' should I remove and re-install or is this combo not going to work for me? TVM

If you need to know any more info then let me know what I've missed out.
xbytor

Tool kit on Leopard Mac

Post by xbytor »

Which version of xtools are you using or are you refreshing directly from CVS?
I have CS2 running on my Mac Mini so I can test there if I know what rev you are running. Also, send me the file you are trying to convert. There may be something in there that's causing C2 compatibility problems.

-X
larsen67

Tool kit on Leopard Mac

Post by larsen67 »

X, I was running v1.5 but have gone the route of removing this and installing the v1.6 I have also run some system maintenance just to be sure all is OK. AppleScript does NOT like the combo that I have at home and I do get some unexpected results wasn't too sure if the same could be expected from the JavaScript side. Things appear to be fine again. Both appeared to be in the correct location of my Developer Folder. I also dumped and re-installed Xcode Tools (Apple's tool kit) which also puts lots of stuff that is way over my head in there. If I run into any problems again I'll be back. Many thanks anyhow…