xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by xbytor »

I figured out what was going wrong with the action set naming problem.

When an action set is saved as an atn file, it embeds the name of the action set in the file. When you load that atn file, everything looks fine.

However, if you rename the atn file and load it, it uses the name of the atn file as the name of action set. It ignores the embedded action set name.

In other words, there is no bug. It's just normal PS behaviour.

-X
AndyII

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by AndyII »

Doesn't make sense,
I took the newest files put them in the apps directory, removed the other two, renamed these to the same name as older version, but if I call them via the menu the xml conversion is successful but the atn conversion fails, Now
if I browse and select the new files and run them that way everything works
What am I missing here?
not a big thing I can just do it the way it works lol
AndyII

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by AndyII »

so when we create the xml file, part of the process should be renamming it, if we so desire?
I did convert a action file to xml, did the revisions, saved it, then ran the conversion to atn with new name and it seem to work ............

xbytor wrote:I figured out what was going wrong with the action set naming problem.

When an action set is saved as an atn file, it embeds the name of the action set in the file. When you load that atn file, everything looks fine.

However, if you rename the atn file and load it, it uses the name of the atn file as the name of action set. It ignores the embedded action set name.

In other words, there is no bug. It's just normal PS behaviour.

-X
xbytor

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by xbytor »

AndyII wrote:so when we create the xml file, part of the process should be renamming it, if we so desire?

Yes.

I did convert a action file to xml, did the revisions, saved it, then ran the conversion to atn with new name and it seem to work ............

Problem solved.

-X
AndyII

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by AndyII »

looks like a hit and miss with some files, I took a very simple and small atn file, converted to xml, then without any editing tried to convert back again
it failed.
error 21: undefined is not an object
line 23796
-> var id = objNode.getAttribute("id");
Do you think it sometimes depends on how it was created?
xbytor

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by xbytor »

AndyII wrote:Do you think it sometimes depends on how it was created?

No. There may be some things that I'm just not handling correctly. The best thing to do is just email atn files that break and I'll track down the problem.

-X
AndyII

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by AndyII »

not you , lol, me
go figure,I shut down CS3 and re tried, this time no error, sorry about that...
AndyII

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by AndyII »

got another one, and seems all of a sudden, I restarted CS3 just to be sure I didnt have an error as last time, here is what pops up for error
Code: Select allError 24: str.writeAsciiOrKey is not a function.
Line 17440
->          str.writeAcsiiOrKey(cTID('null'));     //object type
xbytor

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by xbytor »

Send me a copy of the action that has this problem and I'll see what I can do.

-X
AndyII

xtools v1.6b1 discussion

Post by AndyII »

thanks xbytor,
the new version fixed that issue