ActionFileToJavascript v1.31 update

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

Post by xbytor »

This rev of the script fixes the cTID('288') problem, RAW datatypes in CS3, ObAr type problems in CS2/CS3, and logging problems in CS2.

-X
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Here's an update that addresses a problem on the Mac.

If you have an action that calls a script and the path to that script does not exist on the mac that you are running the translation script on, previous versions would not put a path into the generated code.

This rev of the script does a better job of handling mac paths, but if the script path does not exist, it will manufacture a valid path. The path will have to be manually edited.

-X
yogiyang

Post by yogiyang »

Your new update is throwing errors when I am trying to convert an ATN file to JS. The error is as follows :

Error 54: Uncaught JavaScript exception: Read of string longer than 20K.....

Line : 17558

The script that comes with XTools 1.5 does not throw any errors while converting the same ATN file.

HTH
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

I am in the middle of modifying several Action translation scripts because of
1) problems on the mac WRT non-ascii text in file I/O
and
2) path resolution by the File class on the Mac.

I've also come across a couple of other incidental errors that I'm currently fixing.

When this batch of problems has been taken care of, I'll push all of the updates out to CVS on sourceforge.

In the meantime, I'll attach the current version of the script. If it fails, send me a copy of the action file that is causing problems.

-X
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

The script that comes with XTools 1.5 does not throw any errors while converting the same ATN file.

One more note: In the new revs of the script, I use my own code to decode and encode ActionDescriptor objects instead of using ActionDescriptor.toStream/fromStream. The reason I made this change is that it's the only way I have of processing Actions created by non-English versions of PS.

One result is that the translation scripts run slower; there's not much I can do about that. Another result is that there may still be some Action files that I don't yet correctly handle. So, if you do have Actions that the new scripts cannot process correctly, let me know and send me a copy of the troublesome Action.

-X
yogiyang

Post by yogiyang »

xbytor wrote:One result is that the translation scripts run slower; there's not much I can do about that. Another result is that there may still be some Action files that I don't yet correctly handle. So, if you do have Actions that the new scripts cannot process correctly, let me know and send me a copy of the troublesome Action.

-XThank you.

I will surely get back to you if I face any problems.

Please watch your inbox.

Yogi Yang
yogiyang

Post by yogiyang »

Attaching an action that is not getting converted. in fact all actions that have got Add Adjustment Layer of type Gradient Map are not getting converted.

HTH
yogiyang

Post by yogiyang »

Hello X,

Any updates on Actionfile that I posted in my previous post?
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

There was an internal problem handling Unicode in Class-type References. It appears to be fixed but I have not done any regression testing on it yet.

Let me know if you find any other problems.

-X
yogiyang

Post by yogiyang »

Thank you