xtools 1.5 released

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

xtools 1.5 released

Post by xbytor »

xtools v1.5 has finally been released. This brings xtools up to PSCS3 on WinXP and OSX. Downloads are available here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=207620 ... _id=207620

Thanks go out to Mike Hale for help with the docs.

If you have any comments to make on the release, drop them in here or start a new thread.

-X
xbytor

xtools 1.5 released

Post by xbytor »

I've refreshed the sourceforge CVS repository for xtools today. Docs for anonymous cvs access can be found here.

Lots of changes. I'll post something later that details the major differences.

-X
NoBob

xtools 1.5 released

Post by NoBob »

Hi,

I followed the xtools installation instructions carefully, but get the following error when I run Install.jsx from File>Scripts>Browse in PS CS3 (Mac OS X):

Error 24: Stdlib.createFolder is not a function

Line: 141

-> if (!Stlib,createFolder(fptr.parent)) {

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
NoBob.
xbytor

xtools 1.5 released

Post by xbytor »

The Installer went through a bit of churn on the 1.5 release. Try this rev of the script instead.

-X
xbytor

xtools 1.5 released

Post by xbytor »

Let me know if the new Install script fixes your problem. If it does, I need to post a 1.5.1 release on sourceforge with the fixed installer.

-X
NoBob

xtools 1.5 released

Post by NoBob »

Hi,

Yes, thanks, it works okay. When I first tried though, it says it will install in Developer/xtools, so I went ahead and clicked okay, but got an error (error 21 I think). So I tried again, but first I created a Developer folder in the Applications folder and then browsed to that folder when it came to choosing a folder during the installation procedure.

Does that sound okay?

I haven't tried out any of the xtools scripts yet though. I'll ask if I have any path problems...
xbytor

xtools 1.5 released

Post by xbytor »

I missed that you were on a Mac. I'll recheck/retest the code.

On the Mac, it should install as /Developer/xtools by default though you can install it where ever you like.

-X