Web Gallery UI

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

Web Gallery UI

Post by xbytor »

I've got a client that is wanting a customized version of PS Web Photo Gallery. To that end I've written my own UI (in JS) to replace the one that the Web Gallery plugin provides.

The reasons for this are:
1) They need to be able to generate sub-galleries based on keywords.
2) They need to be able to run USM on the resulting images.
3) I'd like to have a web gallery framework that I can extend for my own future purpose.

I'm going to have a beta of this ready next week. If anybody is interested in getting a hold of it then, drop me a note.

-X
xbytor

Web Gallery UI

Post by xbytor »

WGX v1.0a2 has been released and can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=240042 ... _id=240042

This works on WinXP PS CS2/CS3 and Bridge. It may or may not work in the Mac. I haven't done any testing..

The script does categorization into sub-galleries based on keywords.

You can apply USM on the resulting images.

You can also run an Action on the resulting images.

I've also bundled two tweaked templates to support the categorization. WGX adds support for two additional template variables:

%CATEGORY% will be replaced with the category name (keyword).

%CATEGORY_NAV% will be replaced with a set of links to the other categories.

The top level index.html file is a just a redirect to the default category.

The default category is either 1) an artificial category that is created to contain images that don't have a keyword or 2) one of the keyword categories.

Enjoy!

-X
xbytor

Web Gallery UI

Post by xbytor »

The v1.0a3 release of WGX is available for download here:

This rev:
1) has been ported to Mac/CS3. I don't have Mac/CS2 to test with.
2) automatically installs the Sub/Gallery templates
3) now has the ability of specifying custom colors via the UI
4) allows categories to be specified by folders in addition to keywords.

I found a couple of minor bugs (rotation of security being the most serious) but they will have to wait until the next release. Of course, you can alway download the source via CSV if you really need the fixes.

-X
xbytor

Web Gallery UI

Post by xbytor »

I've uploaded v1.0b4 to sourceforge.

Lots of changes.

You can now sort the categories. This setting, however, is not persistent. I'm not convinced yet that it should be. Opinions are welcome.

I'm adding the ability to customize WGX in several different ways. Currently, there are two available modes, strict and cyclops. This rev shipped in cyclops mode. You can set it to strict mode by commenting out or deleting a line that looks like this:

Code: Select allWGXConfig.mode.init('cyclops');

FTP support is working. You need to be in strict mode to access the FTP panel and enable FTP support. If anybody tries out FTP, let me know how it goes. It's working for me on my LAN is about all I can say at the moment.

If you are using keyword-based categories, there is a bug that pops up if you have duplicate filenames. I'll get the problem straightened out for the next release.

-X
xbytor

Web Gallery UI

Post by xbytor »

The release candidate for WGX is now available at:

This rev has undergone quite a bit of testing and appears to be fairly robust.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

-X