atn2js ActionFile to Javascript translator

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

Post by xbytor »

There are problems with atn2js on CS. The purely syntactic ones I've addressed and will be out with the next rev.

When I do get it to run, it doesn't appear to stop. I'll have to dive into this over the weekend with the debugger when I've got a good block of time to work on it.
garek007

Post by garek007 »

ah yes, how completely idiotic of me. now I see the 'download' link. Should've known that small amount of code couldn't do it alone.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

X,

I run this on an action that I made basied on Dr. Brown's B&W toner.

About 1/4 of the putEnumerated lines were missing the closing ).

The action is named Toned B&W. I get an error in the first line. If I change "toned B&W = function()" to "tonedB&W = function()" it runs until it hits a step that creates a layer with a space in the name like "tone shadows" Like this line

ref1.putName(PSClass.Layer, Tone shadows);

Are spaces in layer names a problem or am I doing something wrong? It seems to handle spaces

Mike
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

The missing spaces and special characters in Action-function names are a known problem. I've fixed it and it should be fine in the next release. There was also a problem with ActionReference.putName where the second parameter should have been in quotes. That's been fixed as well.

I haven't seen the missing putEnumerated problem. unless I fixed it early and forgot about it. Please send me a copy of the offending Action and I'll take a closer look at it.

BTW, how does the code look? I could have done this a lot of different ways but I figured that making Actions functions and ActionItems nested functions would make it easier to restructure and reorganize these things later.

Thanks for the finds.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

More miscellaneous bugs killed. New UI. I've still got some work to do on the UI but it's getting there...

-X
jonnybecker

Post by jonnybecker »

Hi,

WinXP, CS2

I'm always getting an error in this script in line 120:
kind[name] = stringIDToTypeID(sym);

Error message:
stringIDToTypeID is no function

Do I have to include some other scripts to get this to work?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers
Jonny