xtools v1.7 released

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

xtools v1.7 released

Post by xbytor »

I've rolled up the current state of xtools into v1.7. No updated docs, etc... just a snapshot to make it easier to get a complete copy in one shot.

-X
xbytor

xtools v1.7 released

Post by xbytor »

JDG

xtools v1.7 released

Post by JDG »

Firstly thanks for XTools!

It seems that the ActiontoJSX tool has changed from 1.6 to 1.7 and any action that has a group layers step throws an error when the script is run after being converted from an action in 1.7 but not when converted from 1.6.

"Error 24: Group() is not a function" - as far as I can tell even a one step action (ie just he group command) fails when run from a script from 1.7.

Cheers
xbytor

xtools v1.7 released

Post by xbytor »

You have found a bug that's been in xtools since I first checked it in to CVS five years ago.

The content of PSConstants.js, where I manage ID->String mappings, is
generated from PS SDK header files. Going from one rev of PS to another,
they occasionally change the names of their ids. For instance, layerGroup became layerSection at some point in time.

The bug in PSConstants was that when I reversed mapped sTID('layerSection') back to a String, it was returning 'layerGroup' not 'layerSection'. In ActionToJavascript, that's why you see sTID("layerGroup") instead of the correct sTID("layerSection").

The CVS repository has been updated so the version of xtools/apps/ActionToJavascript.jsx that's out there should work fine now.

Thanks for reporting this one. I surprised nobody had come across it in the past.

-X
JDG

xtools v1.7 released

Post by JDG »

Thanks for the update - problem solved

Cheers.