AutoBackup & Incremental Save

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

furikake

Post by furikake »

I'd like to share my autobackup and incremental save scripts. They are my first Photoshop scripts, both in VBS.

AutoBackup
--------------
http://myara.web.fc2.com/mPSAutoBackup.html

Autosaves active document every "n" minutes (10min by default) in a different file with the same
filename + "_backup_#" format. Autosaves 5 times and then rewrites the first backup file.

Every "n" minutes autochecks if a file is opened. If not, a quit dialog appears.

-----------------------------------------

Incremental Save
--------------------
http://myara.web.fc2.com/mPSIncrementalSave.html

This time I tried to replicate Maya's Incremental Save. But I couldn't get the "last update date" property from the files in the hard disk using javascript so I wrote it in VBScript and call it through a JS script. I connected it with [Document Save] command in the script manager, so each time I save my file, it autosaves a backup with a number in a Backup folder. I'm including the JS file too but since it only works with a full path, you need to change the Photoshop Path with yours

What it does:
If the file is a PSD (or psd) and it has been saved at least once (exists in the hard disk), then:
- Creates a [PSDBackup] folder in the opened file Path
- Creates a [filename] folder inside this [PSDBackup]
- Inside this folder saves the file as a copy and add a number ( filename_001) to its name.
- if the file filename_001 exists, save a copy as filename_002, and loops till filename_005.
- It saves as a copy and keeps the active document name intact without numbers (filename) so I it won't affect my paths in Maya or Softimage.
- When filename_005 has been reached it rewrites filename_001 and loops.

You can increase or deacrease the maxfiles settings by opening the vbs with a notepad.

You can have error messages when trying to do something else while Photoshop is saving. I haven't found a way to halt Photoshop while saving.
tedanoell

Post by tedanoell »

Nce try! Thanx for sharing
juda

Post by juda »

furikake wrote:I'd like to share my autobackup and incremental save scripts. They are my first Photoshop scripts, both in VBS.

AutoBackup
--------------
http://myara.web.fc2.com/mPhotoshopAutoBackup.html

Autosaves active document every "n" minutes (10min by default) in a different file with the same
filename + "_backup_#" format. Autosaves 5 times and then rewrites the first backup file.

Every "n" minutes autochecks if a file is opened. If not, a quit dialog appears.

-----------------------------------------

Incremental Save
--------------------
http://myara.web.fc2.com/mPSIncrementalSave.html

This time I tried to replicate Maya's Incremental Save. But I couldn't get the "last update date" property from the files in the hard disk using javascript so I wrote it in VBScript and call it through a JS script. I connected it with [Document Save] command in the script manager, so each time I save my file, it autosaves a backup with a number in a Backup folder. I'm including the JS file too but since it only works with a full path, you need to change the Photoshop Path with yours

What it does:
If the file is a PSD (or psd) and it has been saved at least once (exists in the hard disk), then:
- Creates a [PSDBackup] folder in the opened file Path
- Creates a [filename] folder inside this [PSDBackup]
- Inside this folder saves the file as a copy and add a number ( filename_001) to its name.
- if the file filename_001 exists, save a copy as filename_002, and loops till filename_005.
- It saves as a copy and keeps the active document name intact without numbers (filename) so I it won't affect my paths in Maya or Softimage.
- When filename_005 has been reached it rewrites filename_001 and loops.

You can increase or deacrease the maxfiles settings by opening the vbs with a notepad.

thanks
the first link doesn't work
juda

Post by juda »

tedanoell wrote:Nce try! Thanx for sharing
could you upload the first script?
thanks