Picture Processor

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Dan_

Picture Processor

Post by Dan_ »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response and sorry for the delay in responding ( it appears email notifications are not working on the forum)

I can give you an example today where the script just stops running.

It's a simple set of files (14) that I wish to re size to 1000 x 1000 pixels and have selected do not enlarge. it completes 5 and then stops.

Here are the files details before, and after.

bb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4524&start=0.

It gets to the 5th image (a tiff file) and stops working, where other times it will process just fine?

in regards to my machine here are the details

Processor: i7 2600K
Ram: 16gb Ram
Photoshop Version: CS5 version 12.0.4

Many thanks for your time.
Paul MR

Picture Processor

Post by Paul MR »

Hi Dan, I have done some tests with tifs and again no problems. I wonder if you have tried processing just that one tif and see if there is a problem with the file?
Gewuerz

Picture Processor

Post by Gewuerz »

Yes this script is amazing, great thanks

OLH wrote:Thanks a lot for this amazing script, it's so helpfull.

so It's great ! But may I ask for something to have it even better !

Is there a way to make the setting persistent from one time to the next. ( like the use as "set as default" check box on the mask/selection improvment dialog)
Is there a way to save the setting as preset and/or to save/load them to disk. That would be great as as I do frequently a very few diferent type of the same kind of processing.

In any case
thanks again for sharing this

I support this inquiry - add the option to use save settings/presets. Thus that would be the best and perfect Picture Processor!

Wolfgang
dougbm

Picture Processor

Post by dougbm »

Hi Paul.
Very useful script.
2 things to make it even better.
Could you include a "save to same folder" option (as that I what I always do) as it is time consuming to navigate to the folder you want.
Include an optional warning if you are going to overwrite a file (in case you forgot to add a suffix etc)
Have a save-able custom setting available so it was even faster to use (I always use the same settings) or just have it remember the last used settings.
What a relief to be able to circumnavigate Photoshops often hopelessly slow export to web.

Thanks

Dougbm
Paul MR

Picture Processor

Post by Paul MR »

Thanks for the feedback Dougbm.
You can save file to the existing folder now, just tick "Save Files to Existing Folder"
Include an optional warning if you are going to overwrite a file is a great idea and will add that feature when I get a mins to spare.
The latest version can be found here...
http://www.scriptsrus.talktalk.net/PP.htm
jeremy

Picture Processor

Post by jeremy »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for making this script available, it's amazing! Batch SFW function is much appreciated. If I could please ask to add some features that will help me I would be really grateful.

* Could you make it so that it'll batch all opened files from photoshop? I need to batch a few files sometimes if it doesn't meet a certain size. I know it can do this via Bridge but I don't have access to Bridge at work for some reason.

Other things that I think would be great additions are;

* Remember previous settings used and;
* Make available the "Optimize to File Size' function in SFW. (Because i need to batch at less than 250kb)

Once again, really great script. Thank You.

Jeremy
mSnus

Picture Processor

Post by mSnus »

Thanks a lot for this beautiful script!

Today used it to proces ~6,500 images of different kinds, maintaining the directory tree structure,
using a complicated 10-step action with SaveForWeb as final step.

I had a few problems on the way, but all were solved:
1) my directory tree containted national characters (Russian), and that failed the whole process.
I found that this is caused by SaveForWeb not working correctly with such paths (URI is forced to be encoded).

I found a quick workaround for this issue:
change the temp file name to some standard location and correctly rename it afterwards:

Code: Select allvar tmpFile = File("/c/1/qwertyuiop.jpg");
//some processing function like SaveForWeb goes here, e.g.  CS4orCS5SFW() ...
tmpFile.rename(decodeURI(saveFile.path)+"/"+decodeURI(saveFile.name));

You have to change these lines 3 times everywhere in the code. Hope this helps!

2) Some files failed to load, some stopped the script (zero-sized files) and some crashed the Photoshop.
It would be great to have a processing log and error reporting so I could easily find where the process failed.

Thanks again! You really saved me a lot of time!