Picture Processor

Upload photoshop scripts, download photoshop scripts, discussion and support of photoshop scripts

Moderator: PS-Moderators

Re: Picture Processor

Postby Paul MR » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Metadata Copyright Notice field added by request, only available in CS4 or better.
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Copyright Notice field added
(14.7 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Paul MR

Postby RichW » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks so much, Paul. I'll check it out soon.

--Rich
RichW

Postby Paul MR » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 am

Save for Web and save JPG have now been amended so that if you save to the same folder, the existing files are overwritten.
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Picture Processor
(14.72 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Paul MR

Postby Jude » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi there,

I think the Picture Processor is a great script, and certainly an answer to processing SFW in large batches. I wonder if I could impose and ask for some weird functionality. The company I work for demands that images be 640x480 (lands.), or 360x480 (port.) and doesn't mind if the image is distorted as a result. Would it be possible to have the "resize to fit..." settings be smart enough to recognize the orientation, but dumb enough to just size the photo without keeping the proportions constrained?

I dug into the script myself to see if I could tweak that myself without bothering anyone, but I'm in way over my head, code-wise.
Jude

Postby Paul MR » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm

No problem, I have now added "Resize Exact" you never know it might be of use to others as well :)
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Resize Exact added
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Paul MR

Postby jacksladder » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Hey There,

Awesome looking script i have it loaded and have been trying to get it going using the batch options and the control panel for the script but I am having a problem - I have never used a script before so i am getting no where fast:).

May I ask a favour, could you or someone throw me some detailed instructions or point me in the right direction on how exactly to implement the script using batches in Photoshop (CS4). i have 5 websites of images i need to optimize using this brilliant tool.

Help would be very much appreeciated.

kind regards

Jacksladder
jacksladder

Postby Jude » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks Paul - I really appreciate your help, it worked like a charm!
Jude

Assistance is urgantly needed.

Postby jacksladder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:28 am

Hello Again,

Paul, I am having problems implementing the script, it's seems very straight forward but it is only opening one file from the folder and then closing it again with no changes made. I am not an experienced script user but I am an experienced Graphic Designer and would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. I can't seem to get the batches to work hand in hand with the script.

I have looked though some of the topics for guidance but have not found anything directly supporting my inquiry.

Could you please help with directions, it would really help with my current project challenge time flow.

Kind regards

Jacksladder
jacksladder

Postby jacksladder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 am

So whenever I use the script the message box comes up stating it's complete and Phew? but nothing at all has happened, I have no idea what I am doing wrong, please HELP!!? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :?:
jacksladder

Postby Paul MR » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:33 am

It's difficult to give you an answer as you haven't given any details at all.

What OS and version are you using ?
What version of Photoshop ?
Are you using files selected in Bridge or are they in a folder ?
Are the files in sub-folders ?
What type of files are you wanting to process ?
Have you selected the right filetype or selected "All Files" ?
What type of files do you want for the output ?
Are the input/output file on local discs or on a server ?

If you could answer these question I might have an idea of what you are doing.
Paul MR

Postby jacksladder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me, yep that must be frustrating. I assumed too much was standard practice with the batching and the scripts/ I thought there must be a posting someplace that tells the step by step of implementing scripts generally for Photoshop that everyone else must know about. People like me drive ME crazy!!! I shouldn't write on forums after going mental in front of the problem....

I'll do my best to provide useful information this time around:

What OS and version are you using ? OSX iMac (i7 Chip, 8Gig Ram)
What version of Photoshop ? CS4
Are you using files selected in Bridge or are they in a folder ? I am using the image folders they are the jpg's for 5 or more sites, thumbs and images for galleries.
Are the files in sub-folders ? The folders are scattered appropriately through a tree of websites (5 sites sitting within another main site). I would not mind applying the script to each folder separately if needed.
What type of files are you wanting to process ? Mainly jpg but a handful of PNG's which can be done manually.
Have you selected the right file type or selected "All Files" ? I have tried a variety of ways and have basically confused myself so much now as to what works I don't know which way is up (I'm from Down Under anyway).
What type of files do you want for the output ? I want to overwrite the files as jpeg's of optimized standards for efficient and effective browser use with Flash/XML/html based sites.
Are the input/output file on local discs or on a server ? I am working from my computer HD and I synchronize using Dreamweaver when times are happier.

I have used the following tutorial for batching once before successfully (after much failure in understanding the relationships between the actions and the batching window/menu) I do not clearly understand how the batch processor works 100% and not at all how the script works with it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5050521_resize- ... op-cs.html

I tried implementing a couple of the different versions you made but will of course utilize the one you recommend.

I apologize for being such an informative whining Nub but I would hugely appreciate being able to implement this script - it's a brilliant solution. :oops:

Thank you for responding. :)

Kind regards

Jacksladder
jacksladder

Postby Paul MR » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:40 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words or so they say.
So here is an example, this will select ALL jpg's in the selected folder and all it's subfolders and overwrite the originals with the new Save For Web version.
Please setup a test area and do a test first before overwriting your pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Paul MR

Postby jacksladder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed!

I wasn't getting the 'process complete' window when it was done so I did the sites individually (which worked perfectly) and to think I almost did that manually, you saved me so much grief, time and work so thanks again.

Awesome script,, so useful.

Kind regards and many thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Jacksladder :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jacksladder

Postby S_K » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:50 am

Hello Paul,

I made mention of your Picture Processor in my thread, on a simple question (simple for you, but not me). It noted a function request on your Picture Processor. If you're interested, please have a look.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3952

Thanks,
S_K

P.S. Well, to state it here, so you don't have to read that long post, to get to what I was thinking:

I was wondering if it'd be possible to have option boxes:
landscape: run this action
portrait: run this action

The problem I ran into is in that thread.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Even though I haven't made use of your processor, it's so wonderful to see you sharing it with the community. So, thank you. P.S. I'm not brown-nosing. I hate brown-nosers.

EDIT x2: Well, I figured it out. :) Runs well with PS CS5's batch, but doesn't with your picture processor. It's okay. I think I am happy with what I've got.
S_K

Postby Paul MR » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 am

Could you please explain why you would need to run one action for landscape and another for portrait?
Paul MR

PreviousNext

Return to Photoshop Scripts