Picture Processor

Upload photoshop scripts, download photoshop scripts, discussion and support of photoshop scripts

Moderator: PS-Moderators

Picture Processor

Postby Paul MR » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Requires Photoshop CS3 or better!

Files can be selected from Folder or from Bridge.
Files from Folder can be selected by filetype or all files selected.
The files can be sorted in various ways.
Sub folders are supported, output can Preserve Sub Folder Structure.
Options for: flatten, remove paths, convert to 8bit.
It can Resize using Fit Image
Run two optional actions.
Various output filename options.
Ouput as: TIF, PSD, PNG SFW, JPG or JPG SFW
It can save as all formats in one go except, it will only allow one type of jpg.
Most of the options are sticky.
Notification is given when all files are processed.
Edit:
You can now select the sequence number padding, default is four.
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Picture Processor
(8.36 KiB) Downloaded 5687 times
Paul MR

Re: Picture Processor

Postby Paul MR » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Same features as the previous version plus you can now add a logo or text and constsrain it's size to a percentage of the shortest side of the document.
It has an option of using just text, using the filename or using data in metadata fields (Title, Caption or Headline).
N.B.: If the metadata is blank the filename will be used!
Font and colour are selectable plus you can add copyright as well.
Most options are sticky.
File removed, please use the new version...
Last edited by Paul MR on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul MR

Postby criggle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey, I've tried this both in cs4 and cs5. When Bridge starts I get a popup saying "Sorry but this script needs CS3 or better.

Am I doing something wrong? I've put the script in the bridge Startup Scripts directory.

Thanks.
criggle

Postby Paul MR » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes you have it in the wrong folder,this is a Photoshop script. The correct place should be:-

PC: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS#\Presets\Scripts
PC 64bit 32bit Photoshop: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS#\Presets\Scripts

MAC: <hard drive>/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS#/ Presets/Scripts

# being the CS version.
Paul MR

Postby epic » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Paul MR wrote:Same features as the previous version plus you can now add a logo or text and constsrain it's size to a percentage of the shortest side of the document.
It has an option of using just text, using the filename or using data in metadata fields (Title, Caption or Headline).
N.B.: If the metadata is blank the filename will be used!
Font and colour are selectable plus you can add copyright as well.
Most options are sticky.

Paul, This is an awesome script! I love that this keeps the folder structure of the source files and your allowed to use more than one action.
What would make this even better is there a way to run photoshop in the background while it's processing the images, so I'm able to do something else without bringing photoshop to the front? Another feature would be to omit any errors and continue without interruption or to save the error log to a file, tracking the images that had problems. A third thing would be to add a pause/ start function to begin where you stopped.

Great work!
epic

Postby epic » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 pm

This Picture Processor II script runs great on a PC, but when I run this script on a MAC, it trunicates the file name if it's longer than 31 characters. I have a HFS+ formatted drive and manual processing of images doesn't resort in this file naming issue. I've narrowed the issue down to this specific script. Can anyone provide a fix for this?
epic

Postby Paul MR » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:35 am

This should fix Mac os9 and Unix compatibility problems when using Save For Web.
(Mac os9 32 Characters only) (Unix uses "-" in place of a space)
Gif format added.
Save in original folder added (Files WILL be overwritten if they exist!)
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Picture Processor III
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 1125 times
Paul MR

Postby gibsongk55 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 am

Hi,

I was just trying this script out. Is there a way to load the script from PS CS4 menu or function key? Sorry I'm not that familiar... there must be a way.

Thank you,

Gibs
gibsongk55

Postby Paul MR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:21 am

Yes, there are a couple of ways, either create a shortcut or an action.
To create a shortcut:-
Edit - Keyboard Shortcuts - File. Now go down the list until you find Picture Processor, then assign your own shortcut.
To create an action:-
Start recording a new action, assign a Function key, from the actions fly out menu select "Insert Menu Item", now File - Scripts - and select "Picture Processor", Stop the recording.
Paul MR

Postby gibsongk55 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Okay i will try the keyboard shortcut.

Thank you,

Gibs
gibsongk55

Postby Palhil » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi

I've been using Picture Processor to add file names and titles to my images so that when I print them I have a reference. It's a great script and is really handy for this as I have lots of images to print.

I just wanted to ask if there is a way to add an outline to the text? If I use black as the text colour it doesn't show up against any images that may be very dark. If I could add a white outline to the text it would allow it to show up on both dark and light images. I thought about setting up an Action for adding an Outside Stoke but then realised that the text layer would need to be selected when this Action was applied.

One other minor thing. Is there a way to keep lower case letters as well as capitals when you select to include the file name in the text? At the moment it converts the whole file name to Capitals.

Thanks.

As I said, great script.
Palhil

Postby Paul MR » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Glad you like the script, I have now amended it to allow you to use a stroke and the filename is now not altered.
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Stroke optional
(14.45 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Paul MR

Postby Palhil » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 pm

That's great Paul. Good work.

Although, I'm going to be annoying and ask for one extra tweak, if possible.

The outline thickness seems to stay the same no matter how big the text is. So if it's applied to a high res image the outline is thin. If it's applied to a low res image the outline is thick. I'm reducing my files down to a maximum of 2000 pixels across with the text set to 85%. At that size the outline completely covers the text so the fill colour is lost.

Is there a way to add a percentage value to the Stroke so that it is thinner or thicker depending on the size of the text or image. I tried looking at the script myself so I wouldn't need to bother you with it, but quite frankly, I haven't got a clue what I'm looking at.

Sorry to be a bother.

Thanks.
Palhil

Postby Paul MR » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:21 pm

I have added another dropdown so you can choose the stroke pixel width (1-10) default is set to one (It was 3pixels) Hope this is ok.
Attachments
Picture Processor.zip
Stroke width added.
(14.5 KiB) Downloaded 1551 times
Paul MR

Postby Palhil » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Perfect. That's great. Thanks for all the work you've put into the script. It really is a time saver for me.

I promise not to annoy you with more requests.
Palhil

Next

Return to Photoshop Scripts